What does the license include?
By clicking the accept button you agree to a license to use Vested Intellectual Property “Licensed Material” which includes:
- Courseware including any presentations, slide shows, audio guides, audiovisual courses, lessons, tutorials, media, printed materials, “online” materials, and documents as part of the course.
- Resources including any RealPlay® Playbooks and Toolkits as well as any teaching tools, assessments, spreadsheets, emails, memorandums, surveys, white papers, case studies or other material you may download or access.
- The Open Source Material
What is the right way to use the Vested Licensed Material?
Vested Open Source Material is more flexible and may be used under these guidelines.
The majority of the Vested Intellectual Property – especially the content from the courses except for the Vested Orientation course – is not Open Source and has more restrictive use. However, the license does provide you with the opportunity to share content using certain guidelines.
- Your license includes the right to make a reasonable number of copies of the Licensed Material, disseminate the Licensed Material to individuals working with you on a Licensed Transaction within your organization, and use the Licensed Material for intra-company educational purposes within reasonable limits. If you are in doubt of what constitutes reasonable, please email [email protected]
- We realize many individuals find it useful to embed some of the Vested Licensed Material in their own presentations or documents. You may modify the Licensed Material follow these simple guidelines:
- If you use any Licensed Material in your own documents, you must provide the following attribution: “Source: Used with permission. Vested®. www.vestedway.com. Vested Outsourcing, Inc.”
- The word “Vested” must always be written with an uppercase “V.”
- The word “Vested” is to be used throughout any presentation, except where you are referring to the outsourcing industry, in which case the words “Vested Outsourcing” must be used.
- “Vested Outsourcing” must not be abbreviated as “VO.”
- To the extent you promote the Licensed Transaction within your organization, you must promote it as using the Vested® methodology. Vested® is a proprietary term owned, licensed, and operated by Vested Outsourcing, Inc and is a type of business model based on five rules and ten elements in which two parties in a strategic relationship create an agreement mutually beneficial to each party with shared values and goals in which each party is equally invested in the other party’s success.
- All other uses of Vested Material are expressly prohibited without Vested’s express written consent.
What are the restrictions of use?
- Commercially profiting (sell, broadcast, rent, license) from Vested Licensed Material is strictly forbidden unless specifically granted by Vested Outsourcing, Inc
- Modifying or editing Vested Licensed Material to pass on as your own works without giving the proper reference as noted above.
- Use of the Licensed Material for more than a single Licensed Transaction. If you would like a multiple-use or group license, please email [email protected]
Use of the Vested Material is licensed and not sold to you. As such, Vested:
The Fine Print
(for those who want the details of stupid stuff to not do with the Vested Intellectual Property)
If you are in doubt about how to not use the Licensed Material, here is a list of restrictions that apply. Do not:
- Manipulate or interfere with Licensed Material or the Vested website (“Website”);
- Upload or otherwise transmit to or through the website any unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, or any material that can cause harm or delay to Vested or its clients or Website users;
- Use any trademarks, service marks, design marks, logos, photographs, or other content belonging to Vested or obtained from the Website or directly from Vested, except as expressly granted under applicable written license;
- Display the name, logo, trademark, or other means of attribution or identification of Vested in such a manner as is reasonably likely to give a user the impression you have the right to display, publish or distribute Licensed Material;
- Create a false identity or impersonate another person or entity in any way;
- Restrict, discourage, or inhibit any person from using the Licensed Material, disclose personal information about a third person on or through the Website or obtained from the Website without the consent of such person, or collect information about other clients of Vested;
- Gain unauthorized access to the Website, to other users’ accounts, names or personally identifiable information, or to other computers or websites connected or linked to the Website;
- Frame, embed and/or pass off any portion of the Website in such a manner as to present such material as originating from a source other than Vested;
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may be or is intended to damage, hijack or impair the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the Website or communications equipment and computers connected to the Website;
- Use any scraper, spider, robot or other automated means of any kind to access the Website, deep-link to any feature or content in the Vested Licensed Material, or bypass any measures used to prevent or restrict access to the Licensed Material or the Website;
- Remove, disable, damage, circumvent or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Website, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any part of the Website or Licensed Material, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Website or Licensed Material;
- Copy, cache or reformat any Licensed Material for commercial purposes in any manner whatsoever not expressly permitted by Vested;
- Assist or permit any persons in engaging in the activities described above.
Other technical aspects about the Vested® Intellectual Property
EVOLVING NATURE OF OPEN SOURCE MATERIAL.
The Licensed Material is subject to change. Vested is continually improving the Licensed Material. If you are at any time dissatisfied with the Licensed Material, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Licensed Material.
By using the Licensed Material or communicating with Vested, you agree that Vested may communicate with you via an email address you provide during registration regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Licensed Material. If Vested learns of a security system’s breach, Vested may attempt to notify you by such email address. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please write to Vested Outsourcing, Inc at: 11410 NE 124th St, Kirkland, WA 98034
CONNECTIVITY COSTS AND EQUIPMENT.
You are solely responsible for all service, telephony, printing, travel, and/or other fees and costs associated with your access to and use of the Website, including, but not limited to, any data charges imposed by a wireless carrier or Internet service provider and for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, printers, and other equipment required for such access and use.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY.
Vested and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors, will not be liable for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages, including loss of revenue or income, loss of data, pain and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages, even if Vested has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the collective liability of Vested and its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors to any party (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed $50.
The Licensed Material is controlled and operated by Vested, a California corporation in the State of Washington, United States of America. Vested makes no representation that the Licensed Material is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access or use the Licensed Material from other locations, including from outside the United States of America, do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Access to or use of the Licensed Material from jurisdictions where the Licensed Material is illegal, unauthorized, inapplicable, or penalized is strictly prohibited.
You may only use the Licensed Material for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to your use of the Licensed Material. You agree not to use the Licensed Material to recruit, solicit, or contact any third parties for employment or contracting for a business not affiliated with Vested without our explicit prior written permission, which may be withheld in our sole discretion.
You should use the Licensed Material in the same manner as any other educational medium and should not rely on the Licensed Material to the exclusion of your own professional judgment. Vested disclaims any liability for damages, losses, or injuries arising out of actions or inactions taken by you based on statements or claims made in the Licensed Material, in advertisements or marketing materials, or by Vested’s representatives. You, and not Vested, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction in the event of any loss or damage arising from the use of the Licensed Material. You, and not Vested, assume all risk arising from the use of the Licensed Material, including but not limited to financial, intellectual, physical, or emotional risk.